We offer high quality Cetrimide Powder
. Cetrimide or Tetradecyl Trimethyl Ammonium Bromide is a quaternary ammonium compound. Cetrimide Powder is white, voluminous, and free flowing powder. Cetrimide 40% strong solution BP is aqueous solution of Cetrimide. Cetrimide Powder is used in veterinary and animal health industry as germicide. Cetrimide Powder is effective against bacteria and fungi. Cetrimide Powder may also used as sanitizer and preservative.
- Solubility : freely soluble in water in ethanol (95%) and in chloroform practically insoluble in ether
- Melting point : 245 degree celcius - 250 degree celcius
- Appearance of solution clarity and color of solution : 2% solution in distilled water is clear, acidity or alkalinity maximum limit 0.1 mi of 0.1 m hcl/0.1m NaOH solution, amines and amine salts to comply with BP standards
- Loss on drying : not more than 2.0 percent, determined on 1.0g by drying in an oven at 100 degree to 150 degree Celsius for 2 hrs
- Sulphated ash : not more than 0.5 percent, determined on 1.0 g
- Assay : limit 98% to 101%
- Used as disinfectant at various places.
- An effective antiseptic agent against bacteria and fungi.
- Used in the combination of Chlorhexidine Gluconate which is very effective in cleaning surgical instruments
- Works as antimicrobial, Antimicrobic, Cationic detergent, Disinfectant, Germicide etc.
- Used as preservative.
- Used in manufacturing enzymes.
Cetrimide Powder BP/USP/IP is available in export worthy drum packing of 25/50 kilos and Cetrimide 40% strong solution BP is available in barrel of 200 kilos.